- Yield:10 Servings
- Time:5-10 minutes
Ramping up to celebrate the anniversary of our country’s Independence from tyrannical rule, I had to come up with the perfect recipe. I kept thinking of those bomb-pops I used to buy from the ice cream man when I was little. So, how do I make those and what shall I use? Karbolyn of course! The perfect flavors, the perfect colors, and ZERO SUGAR!!! What could be better than that? Plus, Karbolyn will fuel you up to keep your energy going while you party into the night to watch the fireworks!
Honestly, partying is not what Karbolyn was designed for—it was designed to turn into glycogen quickly so you wouldn’t hit the wall when you are working out for a long period of time, running a long distance, or playing a sport. Let’s just say…you worked out before you are going to watch the fireworks and you need energy. Or… if you light the fireworks yourself, you will need the glycogen in your leg muscles to run away from them before they explode—Karbolyn will give you some rocket fuel of your own! Happy 4th of July and stay safe my fit-friends!!!
- Fruit Punch flavored Karbolyn – ½ scoop
- Cherry Limeade flavored Karbolyn – ½ scoop
- Blue Razz Watermelon flavored Karbolyn – ½ scoop
- A shaker cup
- A Popsicle mold
- Popsicle sticks
- A drinking straw
These seem like long and involved directions but these pops are really simple to make, I am just being overly explicit in the directions. Here is an opportunity for you to enjoy some of my OCD.1. Fill a shaker cup 1/3-1/2 full of cold water, add the ½ scoop of fruit punch Karbolyn, and shake well. Pour it in the Popsicle mold just so that each compartment is full about 1/3rd of the way up. If you add too much, you can take a drinking straw and dip it into the popsicle compartment that is too full and hold your finger over the end of the straw, then dump the straw out into the shaker cup and repeat until you have taken out the desired amount. You may have some Karbolyn left over, feel free to chug it on the spot or make some Karbolyn cubes out of it! Freeze the pops until frozen, which will be a couple of hours.
2. Repeat the first step, but this time with the cherry limeade Karbolyn, and pour it into the molds until the compartments are about 2/3rds full. This time you will add the Popsicle sticks and freeze until frozen. My Popsicle tray doesn’t have a cover that holds the sticks in place anymore, so I MacGyver it and use masking tape to hold the sticks up. The covers always get stuck onto the trays and break when you pull them off, so I came up with the dandy tape trick!
3. Repeat step 2, but this time with the blue razz watermelon Karbolyn and fill the popsicle molds to the top and freeze until frozen.
4. To remove the pops from the tray, immerse the entire mold in hot water for a minute or so and gently wiggle and pull the sticks until the popsicles come free from the mold. Instead of lying them flat, lay them their skinny sides so they don’t get stuck to the container you will be storing them in, and keep them in the freezer until you are ready to eat them!
Carbs: 15 g