- Yield:4 Servings
- Time:30 minutes
Here is a crowd-pleasing taco salad that the whole family will love! I’ve heard there are actually olive and (gasp!) avocado haters out there. So, to please even the pickiest eaters, serve this buffet style by keeping the ingredients separate on a large plate so people can serve themselves.
- 1 lb. ground or cubed chicken, ground turkey, or lean ground beef
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilies
- Head of lettuce
- ½ pack of reduced fat Mexican cheese
- 1 avocado
- ½ onion, diced
- 1-2 tbsps. Taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- Black olives and jalapenos if desired
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
Prepare lettuce and toss in the vinegar and oil in a large bowl. Transfer to serving bowls and top with a tablespoon or two of tomatoes with chilies, cheese, ½ avocado, the amount of meat allotted for your diet (typically 4-7 oz.) and black olives. You can serve with 1 cup of brown rice, either mixed in or on the side.
*To save calories per serving, use ground turkey breast instead of plain ground turkey. (This saves 7g fat per serving and about 63 calories).